VSTa 1.6.5

From: <Martin_Doering_at_nospam.org>
Date: Thu Nov 23 2000 - 00:29:20 PST

Hi!

VSTa works - partitially for me. Again I have the following problem:
If I go out (with "cd ..") of the /vsta directory, immediately I stop in
the kernel debugger - in all cases. Is there any thing I can do, to get rid
of this problem? For example make a vfs filesystem? I really would like to
use a stable vsta.

MGR is not running. The VESA support is not compiled in, and the
"chipset=VGA" just gives a black screen. One interesting thing: If I choose
a chipset, which does not correspondent with my card, I get a "perm"
message on the console. I have a S3 Virge 3/dx card. It is scanned as S3,
but the chipset works differently - I know this problem from different
older XFree86 configuration attempts. This card is a bit problematic... So,
If my card is not supported by svgalib, I have no chance to get some
graphics running under VSTa today, right?

How can I see, if my mouse works correctly? In Unix, there are devices, but
in VSTa?

Is there a possiblility (argument) to make the ls -l command show just one
line per file?

Is there a possibility to use keymaps on the console? And at all - my arrow
keys do not work in vi. Is there something I have to configure?

Sorry, for so many questions. The thing is, that I read all the
architecture stuff and the other documentatiuon, but do not get it running
successfully. But - yes - I would like to... :-(