Re: VSTa 1.6.5

From: Andy Valencia <vandys_at_nospam.org>
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 17:53:16 PST

[Martin_Doering@mn.man.de writes:]

>>Well, whatever. I booted from floppy and the rest of the disk image looks
>>fine (including the failure). Now that I know it's sane, I'll load it as
>>a file under VSTa and run a local DOS server. Thanks for your help!
>You can do this? Cool! How do you do this?

It's amazingly easy, seeing as all filesystems are just user programs
anyway. If your disk image is named 10M, then you'd just do:

cd /vsta/src/srv/dos
./dos -d 10M -n fs/tst &

And then do:

mount fs/tst /test (or whatever mount point you want)

Now just "cd /test" and away you go.

Of course, "gdb dos" and then running it under the debugger works well, too.
Just use a second window (or screen, ALT-F[1234] are enabled by default, if
you don't have MGR working yet) for the shell which cd's into the test
filesystem.

Note that the disk image had some leading stuff before the actual filesystem
in question (17 sectors worth, if I recollect). So I had to do

    dd bs=512 skip=17 if=10M of=10M.new

to trim off the leading sectors, and then I could work against the
.new version.

Andy Valencia