Re: VSTa 1.6.5

From: Sandro Magi <naasking_at_nospam.org>
Date: Sun Nov 26 2000 - 10:41:00 PST

>How big is your virtual disk? If you can reproduce this on something small
>enough for me to FTP down here, I can (finally!) take a look directly at
>this problem.
>
>Andy

Right now my main virtual disk is 483MB. I just created a 10MB disk image
and tried it out; same problem. I put a compressed copy of the 10MB image on
my server at:

http://naasking.homeip.net/vsta/10M.gz

It weighs in around 3MB. If you can't get through to the server right away,
try again in a few minutes. The server is on DSL line and it has to
reconnect to renew the ip every once and awhile.

To be honest, I'm having trouble with the disk overall. Sometimes when I try
'tar zxvpf'ing things it fails with 'Broken Pipe' errors, when I try
compiling/'make'ing it often fails with some strange error as well. Perhaps
the method I used for setting up the disk/partition/filesystem is what's
causing the problem.

If you need a larger disk image to do anything useful, just let me know and
I'll put up another one.

Let me know how it turns out. :-)

Sincerely,
Sandro