forget about my patches for GCC 2.6.1 under VSTa.

From: Basile STARYNKEVITCH <basile_at_nospam.org>
Date: Thu Nov 10 1994 - 02:56:51 PST

    Rob> From: Basile STARYNKEVITCH
    Rob> <basile@soleil.serma.cea.fr> Subject: patches for GCC 2.6.1
    Rob> under VSTa.

>> The resulting patches (to apply to GNU 2.6.1 distribution)
>> follows. Please, test them and improve them. Once they are ok,
>> I hope Andy could post them to GNU, to be added for the 2.6.2
>> GNU distribution

    Rob> I'm a touch confused. This looks like that patch we put out
    Rob> on the crossgcc mailing list. The patch we made for GCC 2.6.1
    Rob> is at ftp.cygnus.com: pub/embedded and it also adds VSTa
    Rob> support. I'm working right now on getting it into the FSF GCC
    Rob> sources, I already added it to binutils, GAS, and LD. This
    Rob> looks different slightly than mine, was it new or is it bug
    Rob> fixes ? (maybe I need more coffee this morning...) Anyway,
    Rob> I'm looking at it, and it I'll merge the changes that look
    Rob> tight into our source tree. I'm on the road, anybody able to
    Rob> test the patches ?

Sorry, i didn't know about the existing patch on ftp.cygnus.com (an
ftp server i didn't know about). I'm glad patches of GCC 2.6.1 for
VSTa already exist. My patches were nearly untested (I hacked them in
one evening, and i don't know much about VSTa or GCC internals), and
other patches are porbably better.

My FSF sources are from prep.ai.mit.edu:/pub/gnu and its mirrors (eg
ftp.ibp.fr in France).

I'm suprised that GNU distribution of binutils-2.5.2 mentions (and
supports and knows about) VSTa, while GNU distribution of gcc-2.6.1
don't mention VSTa. Why? Shouldn't the GNU distribution of GCC support
VSTa? (Or perhaps i was tired last evening to the point that i didn't
find an existing VSTa support in gcc 2.6.1, although I think i did try
a grep -i vsta **/* [on zsh, where ** is a recursive *] on it).

Again, my apologies to every one. I'm just a novice on VSTa and quite
enthusiastic about it. Sorry for having wasted bandwidth! My patches
are nearly untested, so do take the
ftp.cygnus.com:/pub/embedded/crossgcc-2.6.1.patch.gz patch instead).

Also, I'm VSTa-ling and Linux-ing at home only, where i don't have any
network access. Sadly, my PC is standalone.

To summarize, i didn't know about exisiting patches for gcc-2.6.1 for
VSTa. The patches i've send are hacked in one evening and not really
tested; as I said in their posting, the gcc compilation was unfinished
(because i had to shut my home PC down to let a guest sleep in silence
in the room containing my PC). And i haven't time to restart it yet.

So please look at ftp.cygnus.com:/pub/embedded/crossgcc-2.6.1.patch.gz
instead of my patches. (of course, i didn't test them yet but cygnus
people knows a lot more than me about GCC and about VSTa).

--
Basile STARYNKEVITCH   ----  Commissariat a l Energie Atomique
DRN/DMT/SERMA * C.E. Saclay bat.470 * 91191 GIF/YVETTE CEDEX * France