Re: 3.5" 1.44 MByte FDD support

From: Dave Hudson <dave_at_nospam.org>
Date: Thu Apr 07 1994 - 01:46:39 PDT

Andrew Valencia wrote:

> The most visible result of these changes is that what used to be in lib/ is
> now built over in libc/, and bin/ has been renamed bin.src/. mkall.bat and
> mkclean.bat are history; the shell script "mkall" accepts an optional target
> and invokes all the appropriate makefiles in the subdirectories. So I do
> "mkall" to build everything, "mkall install" to place it into the bin/,
> lib/, boot/ subdirs, and "mkall clean/clobber" to clean up afterwards. By
> BSD convention, "make clean" clears up object files but not resulting
> libraries or executables, and "make clobber" cleans up everything but the
> original source.

Sounds great. Is there a particular reason for not having a /vsta/src tree,
eg /vsta/src/{bin, lib, boot, os, srv}? I suppose it's not too conventional
but /vsta/{bin.src, lib.src, boot.src} seem reasonable as well. I'd really
like to have a consistent file system layout for once (unlike many other
OS's I can think of) :-)

                Regards,
                Dave