Re: My FS Problem

From: Dave Hudson <dave_at_nospam.org>
Date: Sat Nov 25 2000 - 03:40:23 PST

Hi Andy,

Andy Valencia wrote:

> If it's actually filesystem damage, I've always wimped out and used the
> Microdreck utility. Is there a FAT fsck available anywhere? Or could I get
> somebody (else) to write one? :-> The problem is that I just don't need it
> very often, thus it hasn't been written.

Werner Almesberger (sp?) wrote one for Linux many years ago - I don't
know the current state of play with it. It should show up as something
like fsck.dos or dosfsck. I know that he hasn't been maintaining it
recently though (rather like I've not done any of the work on mkdosfs
recently), but if any of the Linux distis have done as much to his code
as they did with mine then it should be a pretty good starting point.

                                Regards,
                                Dave