Interesting behaviour

From: Sandro Magi <naasking_at_nospam.org>
Date: Fri Nov 24 2000 - 21:03:18 PST

I'm experiencing some strange behaviour with VSTa running in Bochs. I made
the necessary changes to allow it to boot, but now I can consistently crash
the system just by typing 'cd /'. It throws me into the debugger with the
following error message:

'syslog: dos (pid 7) emergency: Assertion failed rw.c/165: pack_name: null
in extension
Boot process 7 dies'

If you really need it, I can type out what a 'trace' in the debugger
produces, but I think it should be easily reproducible on another system.

Previously, it also gave me errors when trying to use any absolute path
name, but I haven't been able to reproduce it.

I'm using the VSTa 1.6.5 release. Any help is much appreciated!

Sincerely,
Sandro