Re: problems with 1.64

From: Andy Valencia <vandys_at_nospam.org>
Date: Fri Nov 10 2000 - 16:27:08 PST

[Julian Back <jback@rudd.cix.co.uk> writes:]

>3. I can't get MGR to run. I know my video card is OK as the vgatest
>program in graphics.tz runs OK and can display 800x600x256. Buit when
>I try to run mgr the screen goes blank and the restores with a "perm"
>error.

Sounds like it caught a segv and cleaned itself up. I bet it's not your
video card itself, but something else/tricky. If you have a second PC with
a terminal program, turn on a shell for the serial port (ugh, actually, I
think I recollect that IBM's have non-standard serial HW?) and run MGR
from under gdb. Since it's handling its own signals, you'll need to step
forward from main() until you see it barf. May have to re-run it several
times to narrow down which part croaks.

Hmmm... can anybody tell that I've become accustomed to using gdb? :-> Hard
to believe I didn't have a port for the first several years of VSTa's life!

Andy