problems with 1.64

From: Julian Back <jback_at_nospam.org>
Date: Thu Nov 09 2000 - 15:21:54 PST

I've had some problems with VSTa 1.64:

1. All binaries (vi, emacs, less) that use termcap.a don't work in the
vsta.tz archive. I've recompiled some of these using termcap.a from
1.62 and they work OK. I haven't managed to successfully download the
1.64 sources so I don't know whats wrong with the termcap library.

2. I've installed VSTa 1.64 on an IBM Thinkpad 240 laptop, on a FAT16
LBA drive (first primary partition). Files in the vsta directory seem
OK but if I do "ls /" I get an error:

syslog: dos (pid 7) emergency: Assertion failed rw.c/165: pack_name null in extension

3. I can't get MGR to run. I know my video card is OK as the vgatest
program in graphics.tz runs OK and can display 800x600x256. Buit when
I try to run mgr the screen goes blank and the restores with a "perm"
error.

Any clues?

Thanks

Julian Back