Re: console problem

From: Andy Valencia <vandys_at_nospam.org>
Date: Fri Jun 19 1998 - 09:59:59 PDT

[Ondrej Martinek <omar4275@ss1000.ms.mff.cuni.cz> writes:]

>hi all,
>
>i'm intertested in OS architectures and i like some nice features of
>Vsta.
>
>i have installed Vsta on poor 486sx 25mhz 4mb with dos on the same
>partition. unfortunately, keypad control arrows don't work with both
>"cons2" and "cons3". please don't laught! ;) it's very
>unconvenient for me and blocks me to work more with Vsta.

I believe cons2 generates ANSI standard output from the keypad. Do you mean
the arrows don't work from the shell? You'd need to teach the getline()
routine how to interpret arrow keys. I'm not sure it'd be worth it.

>Also pressing
>backspace ,when the input line is empty, displays its ascii char.
>what's the problem? can you help me?

Again, you mean while typing to the shell? Note that "del" isn't bound to
the "backspace" function; you need to use "backspace".

>moreover, executing "mgr" frooze the system imediately.

Two things: did you start a mouse driver? And also you might well run out
of memory. I'd guess 4 megs can boot VSTa and run MGR, but don't be
surprised if a gcc within a window runs you out of RAM.

                                                        Andy