Terminal Help !

From: Yoda <bett_at_nospam.org>
Date: Mon May 25 1998 - 09:43:18 PDT

Hi everybody !
Question number 1:
I found interesting thing: there is no TERMCAP or TERMPATH variable are
set intialy...
Code from termcap.c, according to the source comments, should search
termcap database in /etc/termcap while it in /vsta/lib/tarmcap but all
works fine !?
I can't understand this ! Did i miss something ?

Question number 2:
I can't move coursor in Emacs (but i can type text normally) - it just
writes some strange symbols on the screen and nothing more !
I tryed set TERM to 'nansi', 'ansi', 'vt100'... tryed install cons2
server - all useless !

P.S. I guess it can be interesting for novice...
When i untarred VSTa by WinZIP in Windoze i found huge amount of bugs...
but when i did this normly (under FreeBSD) all bugs gone ... WinZIP
adds \cr \nl to the end of string when it wark i guess it was main cause
of bugs...

Yuriy Sidorin