Building v1.6

From: Pat Villani <patv_at_nospam.org>
Date: Tue Oct 14 1997 - 12:02:35 PDT

I'm having some trouble with the latest release. Aside from a missing
mkall, it looks like gcc always fails with a perm error. This error occurs
in the lib directory.

Permissions seem ok and relative directories are in place, i.e.,
../../include exists. If I copy a small, stand alone file to /vsta/src/lib
and compile it there, it compiles fine yet if I try to compile any VSTa
file through the makefile or by hand I get the perm error.

Can anyone help?

Pat

+--------------------------------+------------------------------------+
| Pat Villani | Email: patv@unx.dec.com |
| UBPG/UESG | unxa::villani |
| Digital Equipment Corporation | |
| Manalapan, NJ | Amateur call: WB2GBF |
| Disclaimer: |
| All opinions, ideas and comments expressed are strictly mine and do |
| not reflect on my employer. |
| |
| I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, doctor, and I'm happy to |
| state I finally won out over it. -- Elwood P. Dowd |