Problem with booting VSTa (No luck)

From: Gavin Thomas Nicol <nick_at_nospam.org>
Date: Mon Aug 23 1993 - 16:16:36 PDT

Well, if your DOS sector size is greater than 512 bytes, you'll be out
of luck. On my machine it is 1024 bytes, and I changed dos/dos.h. The
change was to the definition of SECSZ. I put:

#define SECSZ (bootb.secsize0 + (bootb.secsize1 << 8))

You'll also have to change main.c (towards the bottom of main()),
where it allocates the sector buffer, and reads the bootblock.

ie.

secbuf = malloc(1024);
if(read(blkdev,secbuf,512) != 512) {

Worked for me.....

I hardcoded the sector buffer malloc to 1024 bytes, and the read() to
512 bytes.