Paths in libc

From: Tim Newsham <newsham_at_nospam.org>
Date: Mon Jul 19 2004 - 17:00:42 PDT

My "make clean" wasn't working quite right and tracking it down
revealed a bug in src/lib/open.c unlink(). The code was assuming
an absolute path and calling __dotdot() to flatten out the
path. This returned "no entry" errors when trying to remove
relative paths. I put a small patch up for this one on my web
page. However, I think at some point open.c should be gone over
with a fine-toothed comb looking at the path handling stuff.
It seems that many functions duplicate the path processing
logic, and there may be inconsistencies and bugs left. (As
an example, the code in my patch doesn't handle home dir expansion,
although the code in open() does).

Tim N.