Re: VSTa and VMWare

From: Tim Newsham <newsham_at_nospam.org>
Date: Mon Jul 19 2004 - 18:15:19 PDT

Tony <Tony@instaview.com> wrote:
: Any chance of posting a compressed disk image for those of
: us that are 'instruction-impared'?

I was initially going to do this, but I dont have any good
place to put the image. I can't use too much space on
my web page. If someone wanted to host a vmware image somewhere
I could throw a small one together.

: If not, ill hit the document and go thru the steps.. Lack of
: extra hardware has kept me away from VsTA for too long ( and
: bochs is to slow for me to be anything other then painful )

It really doesn't take very long at all. I left the estimate
at 30minutes, but I think it was more like 15min or less the last
time I ran through it. Of course its not as convenient as just
downloading a pre-made image (I know, I use plan9's vmware
image.. I probably wouldn't have gone through the trouble of
doing an install myself, at least the first time I started goofing
with plan9).

Tim N.