File permission problem?

From: Datrix Solutions <datrix_at_nospam.org>
Date: Wed Jun 21 1995 - 11:57:11 PDT

This is the first problem I have come across after a very smooth
install.

When editing my own .c files with vi and using gcc to compile them, I get
a perm error - gcc won't run - some files were compiling until I edited
them. I ran ls -l and could not see the difference in permissions or anything
else, between the compile and non-compilable files (I have logged in as
different users).

Could someone talk a bit about permissions, maybe I am doing something wrong?

regards,
Wayne