Re: MADO questions

From: Alistair G. Crooks <agc_at_nospam.org>
Date: Wed Apr 12 1995 - 06:03:02 PDT

> >I assume the Window Mangement is going to take a more NeWS-like approach
> >than the standard X approach of "a WM is a client". (i.e. this would
> >be good IMHO) Is this true? Or is the "manager layer" which provides
> >dummy /dev/bitblit's for processes and rewrites messages to /dev/bitblit
> >going to talk to some external window manager?
>
> MADO will primary be a multiplexer, but I have plans to also include a
> certain amount of built-in functionality (menus, labels etc), and to
> support downloadable code. Given that Java looks so neat, I guess that
> might be where it will go.
>
> All dependent on time of course....

I realise that this is not going to make me popular, but this sounds
to me to be a trifle ambitious - is there any chance of getting a
minimalist MADO into 1.4, without all the bells and whistles, adding
support for them later, when time allows?

Alistair

--
Alistair G. Crooks (agc@uts.amdahl.com)			   +44 125 234 6377
Amdahl European HQ, Dogmersfield Park, Hartley Wintney, Hants RG27 8TE, UK.