MADO questions

From: David Jeske <jeske_at_nospam.org>
Date: Tue Apr 11 1995 - 16:13:31 PDT

Is there anything written down about the design/goals of MADO (other than
it is an 8 1/2 like design, although I should probably go re-read that)?

Does it intend to provide device independent drawing primitives?

I assume the Window Mangement is going to take a more NeWS-like approach
than the standard X approach of "a WM is a client". (i.e. this would
be good IMHO) Is this true? Or is the "manager layer" which provides
dummy /dev/bitblit's for processes and rewrites messages to /dev/bitblit
going to talk to some external window manager?

--
jeske_at_uiuc.edu   + David Jeske(N9LCA)<A HREF="http://www.cen.uiuc.edu/~jeske/">
NeXTMail accepted + CompEng Student/NeXT Programmer/Call Gtalk at (708)998-0008