vsta 1.3.3 feedback

From: Gary Shea <shea_at_nospam.org>
Date: Tue Feb 28 1995 - 21:46:21 PST

Just installed and built vsta 1.3.3. Most impressive
improvement!

1) I can build the shared libraries now! Used to die (out of memory).

2) Only crashed once (out of memory) on the build, as opposed to
        something like 8 times for 1.3.2.

3) ls no longer prints out the contents of files. And sorting... wow!

4) rcs!

One possible bug. I added my semaphore stuff to the libc makefile
and rebuilt. When I went to compile the test program, it would only
link with -lc_s -- not specifying a library (i.e., defaulting to -lc)
resulted in linker errors. Seems like libc.a isn't getting properly
rebuilt? I don't know if anything has changed since in 1.3.2 I had
to use libc.a, and I'd hacked the 1.3.2 makefile to eliminate libc_s.a.

Nice work everyone!

        Gary