Re: GNU tool ports and release 1.3.2

From: Rob Savoye <rob_at_nospam.org>
Date: Thu Oct 06 1994 - 08:09:30 PDT

       From: Dave Hudson <dave@humbug.demon.co.uk>
       Subject: GNU tool ports and release 1.3.2

> Just in case anyone's wondered what's happened to the tool ports I did a
> couple of months back (apart from sed and gzip which are in 1.3.2) - they
> should be available in release 1.4. There's a lot of library patches that

  Also there is a patch out now for GCC 2.6.0 that adds support for VSTa as
a cross target. (or native) With this patch, you should be able to configure
using "--target i386-vsta" and get a working tool chain. The file is on
ftp.cygnus.com:pub/embedded/crossgcc-2.6.0.patch.gz. I'll admit it hasn't
been tested recently much, but I'm finally getting the VSTa support into the
FSF GCC sources. There is already VSTa support in gas, ld, and the binutils
current net releases.

        - rob -