fdisk utility and others

From: Kan Yu <kan_at_nospam.org>
Date: Mon Sep 26 1994 - 10:03:29 PDT

Hi!

I finally got the time and space to boot up the VSTA on my 486 clone over the
weekend. Although thing was running pretty well I did have some questions
to ask here.

1) How can I mount the second partition on the drive? Is "dos" the utility
   to use? What is the command convention?

2) Is there utiltiy that allows you to reboot the system? How'bout shutdown?

3) I have changed the login program so that it reads machine name from a
   file under "/vsta/etc/machid" and use it as the login prompt. Would
   this be alright? In the same program, I also skip printing out the
   "Password" prompt if user has no password associated with his/her
   login.

4) Is there vi-clone available? How'bout the windows system? Will the next
   release include these and possibly KAQ9? I plan to run SLIP client on
   my VSTA machine.

Any suggestion? Thanks for bringing such a wonderful environment to the
public domain?

Jacob