Re: Newbie Problem -- I hope

From: Andrew Valencia <vandys_at_nospam.org>
Date: Tue Jun 14 1994 - 14:22:24 PDT

[John Connin <johnc@manatee.oau.org> writes:]

> syslog: error: CAM
> syslog: error: can't register name
> syslog: error:

Unfortunately, somehow CAM tickled a latent bug where it can't connect with
the namer server because the name server has not yet managed to start up and
register its port. We fixed it for the next release by modifying the namer
library to sleep and retry a couple times. Note that the bug could happen
with the IDE driver as well, but it just happens to avoid it.

In the meantime, Mike Larson (the owner of the driver) has a version which
has the retry loop in the driver itself. Mike, should we put that on the
FTP site?

                                                Andy