Setting of HZ value

From: Dave Hudson <dave_at_nospam.org>
Date: Tue Jun 14 1994 - 07:37:00 PDT

Hi All,

Has anyone tried playing with the HZ value in <mach/param.h> and increased
it from it's default 20 to 50, 100, or higher. When I wrote the patch
originally, 20 was picked because it was very close to the dos 18.6. I
wondered if anyone's got any feeling of whether a larger value makes the
system appear more responsive (of course it'll run marginally slower, but I
suspect it may appear less jerky under heavy loads).

I tried upping it to 50 Hz, but I couldn't really convince myself one way or
another.

                Regards,
                Dave