Re: questions about porting and reality (was Re: New port - Berkley yacc)

From: Andrew Valencia <vandys_at_nospam.org>
Date: Thu Jun 02 1994 - 16:04:37 PDT

[Dave Hudson <dave@humbug.demon.co.uk> writes:]

>I think Andy's probably the best one to comment, but I think 5 or 6 people
>have some sort of attribution in the current code - I think that there are a
>few more who've done stuff recently, but I've not been keeping track (I only
>know who I created email aliases for :-))

This sounds about right. We're roughly on the second wave of hackers,
although Gavin is hopefully on the rebound! :-)

>I'd really like to see a non-intel port. I thought I was going to get
>chence to do one a couple of months back, but the project fell through.

I have an HP 300 (68030 based) available to me. I'm slowly clawing my way
back from router bringup mode here, and then will give it a spin. Really,
the kernel won't take that much time, it's the device driver servers. I'll
beam a note when I get screen and keyboard up, anyway.

Sigh, I also want to finish my KA9Q port, as telnet'ing to a VSTa system
would be very convenient. So much to do, so little time.

                                                        Andy