Re: 3.5" 1.44 MByte FDD support

From: Andrew Valencia <vandys_at_nospam.org>
Date: Wed Apr 06 1994 - 14:52:51 PDT

[Dave Hudson <dave@humbug.demon.co.uk> writes:]

>Do you mean just the kernel dissassembler? At the moment (although I know a
>proc fs is being worked on) I don't know of another way of checking
>thread/process IDs

You can:

adb <program>
:r [ <args> ... ]
:c

and the program will run under the debugger. When it takes an event, it'll
stop under the debugger, and you can "$c" it to see where it is, "$r" to
check registers, and ":c" to let it run with the event. If it exits, you'll
be notified of that as well.

For adoptive debugging, yes, you either have to remember the PID if you
launch it from a shell, or ^Z to the kernel debugger, "pr" to get a proc
list, and find the PID that way. "q" from the kernel debugger to let the
system continue. Then "adb <program> <pid>" to attach to the process.
You'll be blocked until the process runs, at which time it'll see the
debugging master and will stop. $c it, then :c to let it continue running
under your debugger.

If your debugger croaks, the process continues on without further
interruption. If the process dies, you'll hear about it in the debugger.

                                                Andy