Re: Rewind missing?

From: Andrew Valencia <vandys_at_nospam.org>
Date: Wed Feb 02 1994 - 11:05:11 PST

[Dave Hudson <dave@humbug.demon.co.uk> writes:]

>Ah, making the bfs server didn't force the bfs cmd code to be built, and
>that's where the problem was.

Actually, now it comes back. BFS has never really been run--I wrote it
to test my concepts. The last time he ran was under a simulated VSTa
messaging environment, running under DOS. mkfs was a djgpp program which
built a BFS filesystem so I could have something to run my "filesystem"
against while exercising VSTa messages manually.

>FWIW, I found a far more serious problem in the bfs block allocation code
>which makes me suspect that it's had some changes done to it without much
>testing - the problem caused every other write request to fail, so any file
>< 16 kbytes is fine, but anything bigger got messed up.

Well, for a filesystem that has never really run, this doesn't surprise
me. I'm surprised it even works to 16K! :-) On the other hand, much of
it has been cannabalized for the other servers, and I have tried to move
bug fixes back into BFS as I found them elsewhere.

                                                Andy