Re: DJGPP and VSTa

From: Dave Hudson <dave_at_nospam.org>
Date: Sun Dec 19 1993 - 12:39:16 PST

Tommy Thorn wrote:

> Anyway we're trying to build VSTa under Linux right now and it runs
> fairly smooth, except for linking. Has anyone had any success?
> The closed we got so far is 'ld -nostdlib -Tdata 40000 -Ttext 1020 -N'
> and a handcrafted perl script to bring things together, but
> it also fails to run. (We use the standalone package and only tries
> to build standsh.)

Aha, I've had a similar problem. The problem seems to be the way that the
GNU binutils have been created for Linux. There was a package announced on
the 30th November 1993 to allow binaries to be built for DJGPP. You'll find
it on "sunsite.unc.edu" in "/pub/Linux/devel/msdos/go32crs.tgz". The only
important bits really are the the "go32-ld" and "go32-ar" binaries. There
are also instructions on how to build the binutils this way. Using these
and a Linux version of GCC 2.5.7, I've just built and tested the VSTA
kernel, and I didn't need the extra command line parameters.

So far it would seem that all that needs to be done is to modify the
makefiles.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Dave Hudson