Re: DJGPP and VSTa

From: Tommy Thorn <tthorn_at_nospam.org>
Date: Fri Dec 17 1993 - 10:38:41 PST

Hi all,

Just curious: Why was VSTa initially developed in DOS? Wasn't Linux
aviable/good enough at the start of development?

Anyway we're trying to build VSTa under Linux right now and it runs
fairly smooth, except for linking. Has anyone had any success?
The closed we got so far is 'ld -nostdlib -Tdata 40000 -Ttext 1020 -N'
and a handcrafted perl script to bring things together, but
it also fails to run. (We use the standalone package and only tries
to build standsh.)

Alternatively, why can't I get standsh to run binaries? I've
unpacked standalone.tz and all of vsta_fs.tz. I do exactly as
stand.README tells me to. I can even see the binary, but when
I try:

% cd /bin
% ls
login
rc
cat
cpp
roff
% run ./date
./date: invalid
Error code: -1
waits: no entry
%

And this is no matter which binary and no matter how I specify
the path. Doing:

% set PATH /bin
% run date
date: unknown error