FAT-32 and IDE LBA

From: Andy Valencia <vandys_at_nospam.org>
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 15:39:41 PDT

In ftp://ftp.vsta.org/vsta/pickup/1.6.3/ are the files wd.tz and dos.tz.
The former is a snapshot of the IDE driver with LBA support, as well as a
fix for > 2 gigabyte file offsets in support of larger disks. The latter is
the DOS server with a number of fixes to the FAT-32 support. Both are the
usual gzip'ed tar of the source directories. With these, I have a Sony VAIO
laptop running very happily with VSTa alongside Windoze 98. The svgalib
support for the NeoMagic chip is even letting me run MGR in 800x600 mode.
Those of you who have had trouble getting VSTa to live on more modern
Microsoft environments may want to give it a try.

Enjoy!
Andy