Re: Interrupt handling

From: Andy Valencia <vandys_at_nospam.org>
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 14:36:46 PDT

[Dave Hudson <dave@humbug.demon.co.uk> writes:]

>BTW as something of an aside - have you thought about implementing
>support for VNC (either as a client or service). I just have a
>suspicion that it would be quite nice to run VSTa as an xterm into a
>Unix system or take over Windows PCs. Another thought is that it would
>make it easier to use and develop VSTa for anyone who doesn't have space
>for two sets of monitors, keyboards and mice.

Never heard of it before, but just had a look. My previous approach to this
problem was getting VSTa booting on the Bochs x86 emulator. :-> Anyway, the
protocol doesn't seem too complex, but it begs the question of a GUI display
server which can (conveniently) convert display updates into rectangle
changes. For the server side, I guess that'd be MGR. For the client side,
I'm guessing the Linux svgalib port of the VNC client would be the easiest.

Andy