Potential installation problem

From: Andy Valencia <vandys_at_nospam.org>
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 10:46:22 PST

Hello, folks.

I've begun hacking on the DOS filesystem to support FAT-32. The way it
supported FAT-12/16 was really a hack, so I'm trying to really clean up the
support for different FAT formats.

As a part of this, I realized that not only does the server not support an
increasingly common filesystem format, but it has no clear error check to
catch it (I *thought* it did, but I've now realized that there are legal
FAT-32 filesystems which will slip through). For my current test FAT-32
filesystem, the symptom is that the filesystem mounts up, but appears empty.
So if you're having trouble with, say, inittab's which can't be found, this
may be the culprit.

WWW site installation tutorial updated. Hopefully I can push out a new
release with FAT-32 support shortly.

BTW... stay tuned for a mid-April announcement on this list. :->

Regards,
Andy Valencia