more on startup problem

From: Erik Dalén <erik_at_nospam.org>
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 04:12:20 PST

I tried to fiddle around with the testsh a bit more and it seems fairly
obvious that the root filesystem is not mounted. should init normally do
this job?

anyway I mounted //fs/root and got two vsta directories but when I tried to
check the contents it was empty.

the GRUB commands I used where

root=(hd0,0)
kernel=/vsta/boot/vsta
module=/vtsa/boot/cons
module=/vsta/boot/namer
module=/vsta/boot/wd d0:readp
module=/vsta/boot/dos -d //disk/wd:wd0_dos0 -n fs/root
module=/vsta/boot/init
boot

then init complained that it couldn't find inittab so I also tried with
testsh instead of init and then the root filesystem wasn't mounted but I
only got those empty directories when I tried to mount it.

and by the way, is it necessary to have vsta in a folder called vsta? (I do
but as I don't have anything else on the harddisk at the moment it feels
unnecessary)

/Erik