bugs in vfs

From: Eric Dorman <edorman_at_nospam.org>
Date: Wed Jul 09 1997 - 16:36:40 PDT

Is there another version of src/srv/vstafs/alloc.c other than
that in the 1.5.2 release? I've found a number of bugs in it
and want to make sure I'm using the 'latest' stuff.

The bugs all concern construction of free extent lists longer
than 1 sector. The code is supposed to automagically extend the
freelist but it's broken in at least 3 places that'll prevent
this from working (write_freelist() and move_forward()). Also
cmd/fsck.c can't handle freelist extending past the first block.

I wasn't quite sure how to get the write ordering of freelist
blocks to be always correct on-disk; (which is totally broken
in the code I have)... I guess one could either doubly-link
the incore freelist (bleh) and write it out backwards from end
to beginning, or somehow recurse forward down the linklist
and write the blocks out as we unwind the recursion. Recursion
is I think probably the best bet, as long as one knows it won't
go too deep...

Regards,

Eric Dorman
edorman@tanya.ucsd.edu