Re: bugs in vfs

From: Eric Dorman <edorman_at_nospam.org>
Date: Fri Jul 11 1997 - 10:05:03 PDT

From: Andrew Valencia <vandys@cisco.com>
>[edorman@Tanya.ucsd.edu (Eric Dorman) writes:]
>>[vfs bugs]
>
>I fixed some bugs along these lines several months ago (very, *very* broken,
>sigh). I also fixed up fsck so it fixed such damage, and I think that was
>around the time I taught fsck to repair things as well as detect them. If
>you could take a look at:
> ftp://ftp.zendo.com/vsta/snap/*061297
>and tell me whether the vstafs stuff in there is better, I'd be eager to
>know.
> Regards,
> Andy

Cool.. I'll try to give that a shot tonight/tomorrow; I've got ftp
downloading 061297 as I write :) .. I had worked up a fix that
would extend the freelist correctly, but it always seemed to
copy extents into the last added freelist sector rather than balancing
the contents correctly. Ugh. I think I was confused about the meaning
of f_nfree for awhile =:)

vsta is cool stuff; it's nice to have similar flexibility to Plan9
w/o the horrid distribution restrictions.

Regards,

Eric Dorman
edorman@tanya.ucsd.edu