Re: Project registry

From: Andrew Valencia <vandys_at_nospam.org>
Date: Mon Sep 27 1993 - 19:36:07 PDT

[sjc@mcs.kent.edu (Steve Chapin) writes:]

>Which brings me to a question and a comment. Question: what hard
>drives are currently supported by VSTa? I noticed that Gavin listed:
>>> Update wd to handle various IDE drives

Well, I think he means that I have a couple pending patches from
contributors, and I need to figure out how best to handle IDE and
ST-506 drives. In fact, I'm not aware of anybody who currently
has a non-usable IDE drive. One of the patches is for a controller
which could not auto-step heads, but otherwise the WD driver seems
to do pretty well.

The biggest problem is putting together a set of tools which will
build the system. I intend to publish all the needed support tools
with the next release--make seems to be the biggest stumbling block,
followed by gzip and tar. I won't offer a copy of djgpp, due to size,
but I will provide a pointer to a repository.

                                        Andy