Mount groups

From: Erik Dalén <dalen_at_nospam.org>
Date: Sat Mar 06 2004 - 09:26:22 PST

It would be very useful if vsta supported mount groups ala plan9. So a
new process can either share the same namespace as the parent, have a
copy of it or a clean one.
It would make it possible to mount things into other processes name spaces.

But I'm wondering what the best way to implement this would be?
it could be implemented using the same structs as today but having a
shared memory region for all processes in the same mount group.
However I think it would be more elegant to have a sort of mtab server
that holds mtab file for each mount group, and then the processes would
just need a variable that tells them which group they belong to.

but what do you others think?

/Erik