Re: ls with user-specified attribute columns

From: Andy Valencia From: <vandys_at_nospam.org>
Date: Mon Mar 01 2004 - 09:41:29 PST

"Paul Hepworth" <paul1+vsta@vpinc.biz> writes:

>It would be handy to have an enhanced ls with options for showing arbitrary
>attributes:
>This should be very straightforward to implement.
>Any interest?

It'd be interesting, although to date seeing arbitrary attributes across
many files hasn't been much of an issue (the common ones, like file size,
are already implicitly handled by "ls" :->). I'd think this would be
a nice addition to the "stat" command, rather than "ls". It doesn't exist,
but I'd be happy to fold it in if somebody wanted to submit a patch.

Andy