Re: Direction of VSTa

From: Alistair G. Crooks <agc_at_nospam.org>
Date: Mon Aug 07 1995 - 01:00:48 PDT

> >But what about Plan9. Am I right that they have a Berkeley style
> >copyright? And that they have more documentation?
>
> I haven't seen the Plan9 restrictions. I'd be surprised if AT&T was as
> generous as the Berkeley distribution, but you never know.

Definitely not - the distribution terms for Plan9 are that you can
only exchange source with someone who has a valid plan9 license - so
you can't even post source diffs to the 9fans mailing list, let alone
the promised comp.os.plan9 newsgroup.

More info in:
        http://plan9.att.com/plan9

That, plus the $350 charge for plan9 on CD-ROM, have made me a bit wary.

Alistair

PS. Nice work on 1.4, Andy.

--
Alistair G. Crooks (agc@uts.amdahl.com)                	   +44 125 234 6377
Amdahl European HQ, Dogmersfield Park, Hartley Wintney, Hants RG27 8TE, UK.