Non-DOS partitions

From: root <root_at_nospam.org>
Date: Thu Jun 01 1995 - 02:07:52 PDT

Hi,
        I haven't completed reading the mailing list archives yet so I hope
this isn't a FAQ :).

I haven't installed VSTa yet and I'm currently using my two hard drives for
Linux in the following configuration:
        100 mb root partition on drive 2
        ~750 mb /usr partition striped across the remainder of the 2 drives
Both are using ext2 file systems.

Is it currently possible to install VSTa on an ext2 partition (ie is the ext2
support still read-only?), or can a VSTa native filesystem be used as the
root partition for VSTa? What I really want to know is whether it is possible
to install VSTa without using a DOS partition. I'd be perfectly willing to
halve my root partition for this purpose but I'd rather not have to install
DOS if at all possible.

Thanks for any help,

Francis Bogsanyi
fbogsany@pcug.org.au