Re: chdir() in VSTa 1.3.3 libc always returns 0

From: Dave Hudson <dave_at_nospam.org>
Date: Mon Apr 10 1995 - 00:41:43 PDT

Hi Calvin,

Calvin Clark wrote:

> I was trying to write a simple "find" utility because I didn't have a
> port handy and I was getting tired of trying to find files by hand.
> I noticed that chdir() always returns 0, even if you try to go to
> a directory that doesn't exist. A brief glance at the definition in
> libc/open.c shows that in fact this is the case. There's also an
> open_c.vim file in the distribution, which suggests someone was
> hacking on the file at the time.

If you want find I have a port of GNU find - it'll be available under 1.4
along with a number of other GNU tools (it needs some more libc code and GNU
make to build it). I can mail you a binary for this if it'll help, but the
sources are pretty meaningless as the static binary is against some hacking
I did at 1.3.1 and my dynamic linked version is against a pre-1.4 version of
libc.

                                Regards,
                                Dave