Re: Linking: /vsta/lib or /vsta/libc?

From: Timothy Newsham <newsham_at_nospam.org>
Date: Fri Mar 03 1995 - 12:27:07 PST

> What directory should we be linking against: /vsta/lib or /vsta/libc? I would
> expect to link with the first directory, since that is where the libraries get
> installed by the Makefile found in /vsta/libc. However, most of the Makefiles
> for the servers and applications refer to /vsta/libc. Though the two
> directories are generally equivalent, consistent usage removes a some
> unnecessary confusion.

The source directory is named libc. The libs should be copied over to the
lib directory and programs should link against the copies in lib.

I'm not sure why all the servers link against libc. Perhaps it was
to make it easier to rebuild as the libs were evolving. This was
one of the first things I changed in my copy of the tree.