ATOMIC_* functions (again :)

From: Timothy Newsham <newsham_at_nospam.org>
Date: Sat Feb 11 1995 - 14:25:31 PST

Hi,

  I am looking over the new sources (vsta132) and noticed that the
atomic increment and decrement functions are still not being used
properly:

  os/kern/
    port.c short (struct proc).p_nopen
    pset.c ushort (struct pset).p_refs

    these two will have problems if long is 64 bits:
    malloc.c ulong
    xclock.c ulong (struct percpu).cp_ticks

  os/mach
    several routines manipulate ushort (struct percpu).pc_locks

The routines themselves increment "long" (4 byte) quantities.
I need these fixed for the amiga version.

I was using ATOMIC_INCW/DECW() and ATOMIC_INCL/DECL() in my
original code. Let me know what you will be using so I
can keep my code consistent with the main tree.

                                Tim N.