VSTa 1.33 Hangs During Booting

From: David Koogler <koogler_at_nospam.org>
Date: Mon Feb 06 1995 - 11:52:10 PST

When trying to boot version 1.33, the basic servers (cons, wd, and dos) come up
and announce themselves through syslog. However, things seem to hang when init
starts running.

In my previous attempt with an out-of-the-box boot with version 1.32, I had the
same sort of hang. By recompiling all of the binaries which used shared
libraries, I managed to get everything up and running.

As a quick check, I substituted the version 1.32 init and rebooted. It did try
to bring up the other servers (tmpfs, nulldev, runrc, etc.) but the system hung
up with every process in the SLEEP state. Note that I have not got to a login,
so it can't be the sys.sys problem.

I can continue on by recompiling everything with static libraries, but
something is wrong. Any ideas?

--
David Koogler (koogler@bedford.progress.com)