Cannot login on 1.3.2

From: Ng Pheng Siong <ngps_at_nospam.org>
Date: Thu Jan 19 1995 - 21:52:19 PST

Hi.

I have previously had VSTa running on my machine. Unfortunately it
developed h/d problems, and I had to clean the disk.

I've just downloaded and installed 1.3.2. Everything seems to start
up fine until I try to login: just hangs. I have tried sh, testsh,
and rc. I can ^Z to the debugger and reboot.

Just to be sure I don't have bad binaries, here are checksums:

        SVR4 sum: 51937 113 sh
        FreeBSD cksum: 1746210383 57348 sh

Where should I start looking?

TIA. Cheers.

- PS

--
Ng Pheng Siong * ngps@np.ac.sg  *  (65) 460 6769
Computer Centre, Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Singapore