Re: Help compiling libraries under VSTa

From: Andrew Valencia <vandys_at_nospam.org>
Date: Wed Dec 14 1994 - 20:44:12 PST

[David Johnson <dave@mom.computone.com> writes:]

>I have added the user-level semaphores to my library but I have been
>unable to get the library built with gcc under VSTa. It just hangs my
>system at:
> mkshlib ld.db libc.db
> Library ld.a @ 0x60000000
> Library libc.a @ 0x60001000

Probably tmpfs ate all your RAM. The default blocksize is 8K, one block is
used per filesysystem entry, and there is one filesystem entry per C library
entry point during mkshlib'ing of libc.

Workarounds: unmount /tmp and make a /tmp on your DOS filesystem. Or
recompile srv/tmpfs with a smaller blocksize (and install/reboot).

>I am running on a 486 w/8 Mb RAM and I have tried with swap running and
>without to no avail. I also had problems building some of the servers;
>same problem, just locks.

^Z to get the kernel debugger. "dv freemem". If it's zero, you ran out of
RAM. Don't mess with swap yet; it has its own collection of grief right
now. If you have swap configured and freemem > 0, you probably hit one of
the deadlocks we've discovered.

                                                Andy