what is the file hashed by a server

From: Joerg Wittenberger <joerg.wittenberger_at_nospam.org>
Date: Tue Nov 22 1994 - 09:17:02 PST

Hello,

the answer of my question is probably simple.
I don't understand how a server (dos for instance) keeps track in the
actions.

As far as I can see for a client which connects to a server a struct
file is set up which is hashed under the handle of the sender (in fact
this handle is the reference through which the client accessed the
port).

All access with this handle as sender modifies this struct file. So
the server keeps track with file actions. But what happens on the
second open? Sure, I can access 2 files at once from one thread. But I
can't see where the server allocate a second struct file.

Where I want to look?

Thanx

Joerg Wittenberger | email: joerg.wittenberger@inf.tu-dresden.de
Rietzstr. 32b |
01139 Dresden |
Germany | PGP: D4 B2 DA AE C3 02 50 9C 45 3E AD 99 C1 1A 8E F8

WWW: <a href=http://www.inf.tu-dresden.de:~jw6/top.html> (click here) </a>