Re: weird permissions problems

From: Andrew Valencia <vandys_at_nospam.org>
Date: Thu Sep 22 1994 - 15:54:14 PDT

["Michael M. Chapman" <mike@hopper.itc.virginia.edu> writes:]

>I cannot compile with gcc because when it goes to write the object
>file it prints "perm" before exiting and then perm after
>exiting. What does this mean?

What's your user ID? If you're using the DOS filesystem, you need to have
group sys (or sys.sys) as one of your ID's. Otherwise, you don't get write
access to the filesystem.

>Also, I cannot use the arrow keys with the microemacs port. I'd
>rather use vi anyway, but seeing as I can't compile yet... Any
>help *greatly* appreciated.

Let me take a look at when escape sequences got added for arrow keys. Also,
you may need to use the customization language of microemacs to map the keys
to their desired function.

On the other hand, I have a port of vim done, which I use all the time.
I'll break out a v1.3.1 system and see if it runs.

Yes, I know, I should hurry up and get v1.4 out.

                                                Andy