help with file name space

From: yhcrana <dd002b_at_nospam.org>
Date: Fri Aug 19 1994 - 08:51:18 PDT

although i ahve been watching this list for a few months, i only just got my
hands on a 486 to play with. one of my first acts was to download vsta. it
is running, sorta...

if i log in as guest, i can see the file system. but if i log in as myself,
I see no file structure at all. the shell can't even find any executables.

what did i do wrong?

on a different note, I an confused by the "enviroment" field of the passwd
file. what is that? (is an answer to that an answer to my previous
question?)

if this helps, every time i boot, init fails to find root and slepps for 5.
i assume it does eventually find it (from looking at code and the fact that
the guest account works).

hhmmm

derek

    You should fear any bureaucratic entity that claims to work for you.
 derek denny-brown (yhcrana) dd002b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu
    chief engineer, WRUR derdb@cs.rochester.edu