size and complexity

From: yhcrana <dd002b_at_nospam.org>
Date: Tue Jul 26 1994 - 12:57:43 PDT

I am looking at building a mutilprocessor machine, as a school project
(maybe) and have been looking at OS's

I am interested in VSTA as it appears to be a full OS that could handle all
and more than I may require. My worry is that it might be too large. My
initial processorss will probably only have about 128kb of ram. (I want to
start with static ram to make my like easier).

how small can VSTA be? what if the file system and all un-neccesary modules
were droped? How hard would it be to implement on a message passing
machine?

thanx for any help,
derek

    You should fear any bureaucratic entity that claims to work for you.
 derek denny-brown (yhcrana) dd002b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu
    chief engineer, WRUR derdb@cs.rochester.edu