Port of GNU fileutils-3.9

From: Dave Hudson <dave_at_nospam.org>
Date: Sun Jul 10 1994 - 06:37:22 PDT

Hi All,

Just a quick note to say that I now have a port of GNU fileutils 3.9. I
haven't ported all of the commands as some (say mkfifo) are pretty
meaningless under VSTa. The commands I have working are:

        cp, dd, du, install, mkdir, mv, rm, rmdir, touch and gls

gls is a pretty straight version of ls, but it can't deal with all of the
VSTa permission subtleties, although I've patched the stat() code to try and
map more VSTa FS_STAT details to POSIX stat fields.

There are already VSTa versions of cp, mkdir, mv, rm and rmdir, but the GNU
utils have more options and handle some command lines a little more cleanly
sometimes.

Before 1.4 is released I'll try to get another version of ls done (say vls)
that will provide the GNU ls functionality, but will understand VSTa
permission handling.

                Regards,
                Dave